SheriC

Portable Magic

I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
The Arm: Inside the Billion-Dollar Mystery of the Most Valuable Commodity in Sports
Jeff Passan
Progress: 153/368 pages

Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express CD: Murder on the Orient Express CD - Agatha Christie, Dan Stevens

This was my first Agatha Christie and it was a lot of fun! I really liked Poirot's style, with his little tricks in interviewing witnesses and his smartass way of dealing with his co-investigators, if you can call them that. Dan Steven's performance in narrating this audiobook is fantastic, with his ability to give life and individuality to each character. The final whodunnit came as a surprise, and although this may be due to the constraints in tracking clues in an audio presentation, it seems more likely that it is just a well plotted mystery, because the ending did not feel like a cheat.

Many thanks to Jennifer's Books, whose excellent review prompted me to finally try Agatha Christie.

Previous updates: