SheriC

The Return of the King
J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis
Progress: 13 %

HP's BL-opoly - 2nd Dice Roll

Instructions for the ring additional task: Read a book where someone gets married, with jewelry on the cover, or where any character is a millionaire/billionaire!

The Shuttle - Frances Hodgson Burnett

Although this would have been an easy task to fill from one of the books on my TBR romance shelf, I decided to tackle one from my TBR vintage bookshelf. I picked up The Shuttle at an antique store in downtown Waxahachie, during their Gingerbread Home Tour three years ago. I'm always attracted to vintage books with illustrations, and this one had the extra lure of an author that I recognized, but had never read any of her books intended for adult audiences. A Little Princess and the Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett are of course two of my favorite children's books.

The Shuttle fits the task because several characters are millionaires, and according to the synopsis, one of them gets married to an awful man and needs to be rescued by her sister.