SheriC

Flowers for Algernon
Daniel Keyes
Progress: 289/311 pages

HP's BL-opoly - 3rd Dice Roll

This has been a very slow game for me! Partly because I'm determined to whittle down my physical TBR, which is mostly bound books, and partly because the start of baseball season has seriously cut into my reading time, even though my team unexpectedly sucks this year and is a real beating to watch.

So I'm just now on my third round of BL-opoly, and I have a lot of books to choose from off my physical TBR on this round.

Round 3 (May 11-?, 2017)

Dice Roll: 10

Square: Adventureland 24: Take the Jungle Cruise. Read a book set in Africa or Asia, or that has an exotic animal on the cover.

Which book to choose? Hmmmm:

Exotic animals on the cover: (my copies do, anyway)

Congo - Michael Crichton  The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum   In the Flesh - Clive Barker

Set in Asia or Africa:

Long for This World: A Novel - Sonya Chung  The Bookseller of Kabul - Åsne Seierstad,Ingrid Christopherson   Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri   A Golden Age - Tahmima Anam   Secret Daughter - Shilpi Somaya Gowda   Heart of Darkness and the Congo Diary - Joseph Conrad   The Book of Salt - Monique Truong   Soul Flame - Barbara Wood   I Am Malala - Malala Yousafzai   The Bonesetter's Daughter - Amy Tan   The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan

Round 2 (April 19-May 11, 2017)

Dice Roll: 7

Square: Additional Task 15: Read a book where someone gets married, with jewelry on the cover, or where any character is a millionaire/billionaire!

Book Read: The Shuttle