SheriC

Progress: 22/414 pages
Hogfather
Terry Pratchett
Progress: 85/356 pages
The Arm: Inside the Billion-Dollar Mystery of the Most Valuable Commodity in Sports
Jeff Passan
Progress: 104/368 pages
Flowers for Algernon
Daniel Keyes
Progress: 289/311 pages

Dissolution ★★★★☆

Dissolution  - C.J. Sansom, Steven Crossley

Excellent historical mystery. This is the first in a recurring character series, and the first I’ve read of this author. An attorney in Tudor England, working for Thomas Cromwell, seeks to solve the murder of another of Cromwell’s agents in a monastery. Bonus mystery thrown in, and lots of interesting historical detail, which forced me to read up a little on Cromwell and the Reformation, which I only vaguely remembered from high school World History classes. I especially enjoyed the character development over the course of the book, of both the main and secondary characters.

Audiobook via Audible. I had purchased it so long ago that I don’t even remember why, because it’s certainly not something I’d spend my precious Audible credits on. Maybe it was on sale. I enjoyed Steven Crossley’s performance on the audio very much.

Previous Updates: