SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

Square 2: November 5th Guy Fawkes Night

EDIT: Apparently the only way to see the fireworks is to view the full post. Looks like embedded videos don't show in the dashboard view. :(

ORIGINAL POST: Earlier this year, we took my mother to an Astros game for her birthday, and she had specifically asked to go on a Friday, because they always have fireworks after the game on Friday nights. We drove into downtown Houston early enough to get a guided tour of the ballpark and watch the players close up at batting practice. They played an amazing game, as much of this season has been for the 2017 World Series champs and their fans. And when the game was over, they popped the lid on the air conditioned ballpark and set off the fireworks. Magical.

The 16 Tasks of the Festive Season: Guy Fawkes Night (also known as Bonfire Night or Fireworks Night) is an annual holiday, primarily in Great Britain, commemorating the events of November 5th, 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords.

Tasks for Guy Fawkes Night: Post pictures of past or present bonfires, fireworks (IF THEY’RE LEGAL) or sparklers.