SheriC

Progress: 19 %
The Shadow of Polperro
Frances Cowan
Progress: 20/235 pages
A Little Princess (Audio)
Frances Hodgson Burnett, Virginia Leishman
Progress: 24 %
The Return of the King
J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis
Progress: 68 %

The Contadino - page 3/472

One of my regrets is that I didn't read all the books my dad gave me before he passed away, so I missed the opportunity to talk with him about them. Granted, he gave me a lot of books, and most of them were on subjects or genres that I really didn't care much about. But still. What a wasted opportunity to share something with him and create a lasting memory.

The Contadino - Frank J. Agnello  appears to be a self-published book by some guy who may or may not be a distant relative. Based on the acknowledgements, he's at least a friend of a cousin. My dad was fascinated by the family history, where his grandparents were part of a wave of starving Sicilian peasants who immigrated to the US at the turn of the 20th century. This book is a fictionalized story of one such family.

I have fairly low expectations, but the prologue was not bad, so maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise.