SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

The Contadino - page 3/472

One of my regrets is that I didn't read all the books my dad gave me before he passed away, so I missed the opportunity to talk with him about them. Granted, he gave me a lot of books, and most of them were on subjects or genres that I really didn't care much about. But still. What a wasted opportunity to share something with him and create a lasting memory.

The Contadino - Frank J. Agnello  appears to be a self-published book by some guy who may or may not be a distant relative. Based on the acknowledgements, he's at least a friend of a cousin. My dad was fascinated by the family history, where his grandparents were part of a wave of starving Sicilian peasants who immigrated to the US at the turn of the 20th century. This book is a fictionalized story of one such family.

I have fairly low expectations, but the prologue was not bad, so maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise.