SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

Help! Need eBook management suggestions

In downloading a free ebook, I made an unpleasant discovery about iTunes. Apparently, Apple has decided that we don't need iTunes to manage our epub book libraries anymore, and the only way to get non-iTunes purchased books onto my ipad is to manually transfer the book file.

Which is fine. I rarely read ebooks, and when I do, they're usually on my Kindle or Overdrive/Libby apps. But I do have a small collection of epubs that I've downloaded as freebies or from Gutenberg and now I have no way to easily view and organize them.

So, any suggestions? A quick Google-search seems to indicate Calibre is a good system for managing my epubs, and free, too. Have any of you used it? Liked it? Hated it? Have other preferred systems?

EDIT: I don't use a dedicated e-reader, so I always read ebooks on my ipad mini using Kindle, Libby, or iBooks apps. I've always used the iBook app for the epubs.