SheriC

The Return of the King
J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis
Progress: 35 %

The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher - DNF

The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective (Digital Audio) - Kate Summerscale, Simon Vance

I suspect that this is probably a very interesting read and it would likely be fun to follow along with the revelation of clues and Victorian-era detective's investigation of this true crime. However, this book is only available from my library on audio, and I'm finding it a real snoozer. I'm not sure if this is due to Simon Vance's performance, which isn't bad, or if the narrative style is just a bad fit for the audio format. Either way, I'm not finding it compelling enough to knock any other books off my To Buy TBR list, so I'll just abandon the book at this point. I'm not assigning a star rating, since I think my dissatisfaction has more to do with the format than the quality of the writing or audio performance.

DNF at 14%. Borrowed from my public library via Overdrive.