SheriC

The Return of the King
J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis
Progress: 35 %

PM's Halloween Bingo 2018

First of all, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU to Obsidian Blue and Moonlight Madness for once again organizing and hosting Halloween Bingo and Murder by Death for maintaining the reading suggestion lists for all the categories. I'm delighted that this has become an annual event, and I know you put a lot of work into it.

THE CARD

THE MARKERS

THE PLAN

I don't have a specific plan for achieving bingos, I'm just going to read as many books as I can and see what I accomplish. My primary goal, besides having fun, is to knock as many books off my TBR mountain as possible, using the bingo categories as a guide. So I'll be prioritizing books I already own, and supplementing with the library TBRs. The only new purchases will be a new release already on my TBR, or Audible credits that I already have to spend. I already have some alternates lined up for my planned books, in case the library books don't come available in time for the game.

THE BOOKS

1. Creepy Carnivals – The Devil in the White City (Erik Larson); bound; owned
  2. Southern Gothic - The Pecan Man (Cassie Dandridge Selleck); audio; library
  3. Doomsday – Station Eleven (Emily St. John Mandel); audio; owned
  4. New release – October: A Novel (Michael Rowe); audio; owned
  5. Genre: Suspense – What She Knew (Gilly Macmillan); ebook; owned
  6. Baker Street Irregulars – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (JK Rowling); bound; owned
  7. Modern Noir – The Scarf (Robert Bloch); bound; owned
  8. Ghost stories – Bag of Bones (Stephen King); audio; owned
  9. Thirteen – The Bad Beginning (Lemony Snicket); audio or bound; owned
  10. A Grimm Tale – Andersen’s Fairy Tales (Leonard R Vosburgh); bound; owned
  11. Relics and Curiosities – Charlie the Choo-Choo (Beryl Evans); bound; owned
  12. Deadlands – My Life as a White Trash Zombie (Diana Rowland); audio; owned
  13. Modern Masters of Horror – 20th Century Ghosts (Joe Hill); audio/bound; owned
  14. Supernatural – A Night in the Lonesome October (Roger Zelazny); bound; owned
  15. Genre: Horror – Rage (Richard Bachman); bound; owned
  16. Classic horror – The Halloween Tree (Ray Bradbury); audio; owned
  17. Country house mystery – The Moonstone (Wilkie Collins); audio; owned
  18. Cozy Mystery – Curiosity Thrilled the Cat (Sofie Kelly); audio; library
  19. Darkest London – A Darker Shade of Magic (VE Schwab); ebook; owned
  20. Amateur Sleuth – Home for the Haunting (Juliet Blackwell); ebook; library
  21. Terrifying Women Authors – After the Funeral (Agatha Christie); audio; library
  22. Murder Most Foul – Keeper of the Castle (Juliet Blackwell); audio; library