SheriC

Portable Magic

The Music Shop: A Novel
Rachel Joyce
The Vintage Bradbury: The greatest stories by America's most distinguished practioner of speculative fiction
Ray Bradbury
The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

Door 2 - Guy Fawkes Night; Task 1

Task 1: Burn a book in effigy.  Not that anyone of us would do such a thing, but if you HAD to, which book would be the one you’d sacrifice to the flames (gleefully or not)?

No, I would never burn a real book. Not even books as terrible and potentially harmful as these two. It was tempting to toss them in the recycling bin, though, which is where they belong, but instead I returned these safe and unharmed to the library that I borrowed them from. I am pleased to report that at least some teenagers are too smart to fall for this misogynist bullshit, though. The books came to my attention when the author was invited to speak at a local high school and a number of students walked out, but not before trolling him on Twitter with #Lookadouche. This arbiter of moral values was arrested a couple of years later for public intoxication after police found him asleep in his car, covered in his own vomit and reeking of alcohol, after not bothering to show up at a speaking engagement to yet more impressionable youth.