SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

The Vintage Bradbury - 155/352 pg

The Vintage Bradbury: The greatest stories by America's most distinguished practioner of speculative fiction - Ray Bradbury

Started this while on vacation. Short story collections are perfect for travelling with, especially when travelling by plane. There are a lot of stories I've never read before, and so far it's a mixed bag:

• The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse - hilariously awesome, and suprisingly apt to today's social media experience
  • The Veldt - my most loved favorite of his, and the first of his I remember reading, for a school assignment in middle school. I was blown away then, and still am.
  • Hail and Farewell - very sad, and weirdly incomplete
  • A Medicine for Melancholy - more than the surface story
  • The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl - This is Poe, if Poe had been capable of efficient storytelling
  • Ylla - {shivers} again, more than just the surface story
  • The Little Mice - wtf did I just read
  • The Small Assassin - I thought at first, a hilariously quaint and awful look at how women with postpartum depression must have been regarded. Then it becomes deliciously evil.
  • The Anthem Sprinters - {snores...}
  • And the Rock Cried Out - payback for colonialism, when the power balance shifts
  • Invisible Boy - When capturing your company and forcing them to stay turns out to be a bad, bad idea.