SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

The Vintage Bradbury - 197/352 pg

The Vintage Bradbury: The greatest stories by America's most distinguished practioner of speculative fiction - Ray Bradbury

Still working my way through these short stories and still surprised that these are mostly new to me.

Night Meeting – The nature of time, and the sweetness of being alive in the moment and opening yourself to experience. Quote in previous post here

The Fox and the Forest – “’The residents of the Future resent you two hiding on a tropical isle, as it were, while they drop off the cliff into hell. Death loves death, not life. Dying people love to know that others die with them. It is a comfort to learn you are not alone in the kiln, in the grave. I am the guardian of their collective resentment against you two.’”

Skeleton – I wonder if this is what it’s like for people with anorexia or those who seem addicted to cosmetic surgery. When your own perfectly healthy body becomes so alien and grotesque to yourself that you’ll do anything to rid yourself of the horror of it.

Previous update: 155/352 pg