SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

The Vintage Bradbury - 252/352 pg

The Vintage Bradbury: The greatest stories by America's most distinguished practioner of speculative fiction - Ray Bradbury

These short stories were all new to me, and all very good, but there are a couple coming up that I actually have read before.

Dandelion Wine – This is the short story that formed the basis of the eventual novel. Or rather, it’s four interconnected vignettes collected into a short story. It’s a lyrical meditation on being fully in the moment and saving those moments of beautiful clarity up to sustain you later through dark times. And about the tearing grief of losing friends and moments when you cannot stop time from moving on.

Kaleidoscope – It’s a bit like the movie Gravity, except instead of being left utterly alone, all the people flung out into space stay in radio contact with one another, and how they each deal with their approaching death.

Sun and Shadow – Ok, this was hilarious. We might be picturesquely poor, but we are real people with real lives, not your fashion photo backdrop.