SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery #3
Progress: 192/192 pages

Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow ★★★☆☆

Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow  - James Howe

This adorable story is the seventh in a series that I’d never heard of before, but I didn’t have any trouble picking up on the story or its characters. A Snape-y looking author of Goosebumps-style childrens lit and his creepy silent crow come to visit a young fan, whose household includes a menagerie of household pets, one of whom is the narrator. The pets are alarmed by the intense interest this author shows in Bunnicula, the family’s vegetarian vampiric bunny, and do their best to foil his nefarious plans, although they aren’t quite certain what “nefarious” means.

Disappointingly, Bunnicula doesn’t actually have much to do in this story, but it was still a lot of fun for this grown-up to read. I think little-girl-me would have loved it.

Audiobook, borrowed from my public library via Overdrive. Patrick Mulvihill’s reading was a little stilted, but effective.

I read this book for the Booklikes Halloween Bingo 2019, for the square Thirteen: Read any book that relates to bad luck, superstitions, including (but not limited to) black cats, ravens or crows, or the unlucky number 13, either in the title, series, book cover or page count. The pet crow for whom the story is named meets criteria for the square.