SheriC

P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse ★★★★☆

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse - Diana Rowland

I’m generally not a fan of zombie lit, nor do I generally prefer my monsters to be anything other than horrifying, but when I read the first book of this series for Halloween Bingo last year, I fell in love. The titular zombie, Angel, is the perfect heroine: sassy and feisty and fiercely independent, but also vulnerable and even tenderly caring at times. In this third book of the series, she is still learning to navigate her new place in the world as both newbie zombie in a hidden zombie society and as a newly semi-respectable, drug-free, contributing member of society with “the Normals”. She’s trying to figure out how to have a healthy, functioning romantic relationship. In one really sweet and sad moment, she is delighted and amazed that she actually has real friends who would show up at her party. But there is plenty of action with a budding war between the zombie mobsters and a defense contractor trying to develop the means to control and weaponize zombies.

Audiobook, via Audible. Alison McLemore’s narration is still absolutely perfect.

I read this book for the Booklikes Halloween Bingo 2019, for the square Dead Lands: Elements of the undead - zombies, wights, vampires and other revenants. This story is chock-full of zombies, of course!

Prior Updates: