SheriC

Progress: 192/192 pages
The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

Carrion Comfort ★★☆☆☆ (DNF)

Carrion Comfort - Dan Simmons

This wasn't a terrible book. It started off well, and has an interesting premise, and was really good for regrettably brief moments. But it was a struggle - there were long passages of boring in between and the ick factor was high with repeated graphic rape/sexual assault and violence scenes. Gratuitously frequent, that is. I get it, the psychic vampires are terrible people, but they seem to be included for titillation rather than actually furthering the story or revealing character.

Anyway, after 8 hours of slogging through this, I'm done. I can't face another 31 hours of it. Enough. DNF at 21%

Audiobook, via Audible, which I have returned for my $7 refund. The audio performances by Mel Foster and Laural Merlington were fine.

I was trying to read this book for the Booklikes Halloween Bingo 2019, for the square Vampires: Vampires, preferably non-sparkly, in all of their glorious fictional permutations. Fortunately, I have a good backup ready to go, They Thirst - Robert R. McCammon,Rowena Morrill.

Prior Updates: