SheriC

P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

The Hellbound Heart ★★★★☆

The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barker

This has to be among the most bizarre books I’ve read in a while. I’ve never seen the Hellraiser movies, so I didn’t know what I was getting myself into, either. I have to give it credit for being inventive, at least. And entertaining, even if only in a wtf kind of way. And the ending had a satisfying roundness, where

Kirsty is entrusted with the puzzle box by the Cenobites, so that she gets to hand it over with vague promises of unearthly sexual experiences to the next “deserving” soul who comes looking for it.

(show spoiler)

I read this book for the Booklikes Halloween Bingo 2019, for the square Read by Candlelight or Flashlight: Any mystery, suspense, supernatural or horror book - the trick here is to spend an hour or so reading by flashlight or candlelight. We finally got a “cold” front, where the temps dropped enough for me to light a fire without roasting myself, and Annabelle and I cuddled up under my Nancy Drew quilt by the fire and a Halloween candle and a nice glass of merlot for a good scary read. Sorry she's a little blurry, she doesn't like sitting still.