SheriC

The Bungalow Mystery
P.M. Carlson, Russell H. Tandy, Carolyn Keene
Progress: 204/204 pages

PM's Guy Fawkes Night - Tasks 1 & 2

Guy Fawkes Night (Nov. 5) - Task 1: Make a list of the top 3 treasonous crimes against books that an author can commit.

1. First Person Present Tense. This is no surprise to anyone who reads my book reviews.
  2. Abridgments.
  3. Heathcliff-style romantic heroes

Guy Fawkes Night (Nov. 5) - Task 2: Start a revolution: What one thing would you change about the book reading world? (Be it publishing, distribution, editing, cover art, bookstores – anything having to do with books.)

I propose to make it an international law that anyone who submits a request to ban any book must first read the whole thing cover to cover, write a 1,000 word essay on it to be graded by my high school Lit teacher, and be able to pass an exam proving they've read it, before their proposal can even be brought forward for consideration. If they can't score at least a B+ on both, they must make amends by serving two weeks of community service, preferably by cleaning public toilets.