SheriC

Flowers for Algernon
Daniel Keyes
Progress: 289/311 pages

A Winter Dream

A Winter Dream - Richard Paul Evans Review of audiobook from Audible. This was mildly entertaining, enough to keep me listening to the end, though I mostly had it on for background sound while I went about my Christmas chores. For the most part, it was holiday glurge. The protagonist was far too passive for my liking and certainly did not deserve his happy ending or all the love and riches heaped upon him by the peripheral characters. I don't think I'm giving spoilers here as it's obvious from the first chapter that this is the literary version of a Hallmark movie and that the "good" characters will Live Happily For Ever After and the "bad" characters will get their Just Desserts. The plot devices were so contrived that I found myself scoffing aloud at my ipod. Still, it was interesting enough for me to stick with it to the very end, and for that reason I'm giving it 2 stars.