SheriC

The Return of the King
J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis
Progress: 35 %

Letter to My Daughter

Letter to My Daughter - Maya Angelou Audiobook version, read by the author. Maya Angelou has a voice like warm butter. If she read it aloud, she could make her grocery list sound wise and sensual and beautiful. When listening to her, I just want to nod my head and agree, grateful that she's sharing her thoughts with me. In this book, she recounts many of her personal experiences across eight decades of life. It's honest and sincere, and I was touched that she generously shared some of her own most embarassing mistakes and what she learned about herself and the world through them.

After finishing this book, which only took a couple of hours, I reflected back on her lessons and can't say that I can embrace them all, perhaps because my experiences are not hers. But I'm nonetheless grateful that she's shared the insight she's gained through her remarkable life, and in her own voice.