SheriC

Progress: 22/414 pages
Hogfather
Terry Pratchett
Progress: 85/356 pages
The Arm: Inside the Billion-Dollar Mystery of the Most Valuable Commodity in Sports
Jeff Passan
Progress: 104/368 pages
Flowers for Algernon
Daniel Keyes
Progress: 289/311 pages

The Dark Half ★★☆☆☆

The Dark Half - Grover Gardner, Stephen King

Audible version, read by Grover Gardner. I'm rereading Stephen King along with James Smythe of the Guardian @ http://www.theguardian.com/books/series/rereading-stephen-king and this one is up next. DH had always been my least favorite SK, but I hadn't read it since I was a teen and thought it would be interesting to see if it provoked a different reaction as an adult. Unfortunately, it didn't, and I still don't think I can put my finger on the reason why. The horror didn't horrify. The suspense wasn't suspenseful. The characters weren't compelling. But it was just interesting enough to keep me listening over the last couple of days and I was curious about how the situation would resolve itself, since I didn't remember much of the story. By the time I'm done with the complete rereading exercise, I suspect this one won't be at the very bottom of the favorites list (I'm thinking of you, Lisey's Story), but it will still be pretty close.