SheriC

Progress: 182/272 pages
Flowers for Algernon
Daniel Keyes
Progress: 249/311 pages

Catch-22 update: I've read 21%.

Catch-22 - Jay O. Sanders, Joseph Heller

I'm struggling with this book. I am both entertained and bored by it. The narrative, if there is one, is nearly impossible to follow, although this might be because my attention keeps wandering. So I feel no investment in any of the characters introduced so far, the book appears to be a set of disconnected vignettes, and I'm already finding excuses to procrastinate on picking it up again. But there are small moments where the author has interesting things to say and the satire is really engaging. I suspect that the various vignettes will eventually become storylines and converge and maybe even make some sort of sense. So I think it should be worthwhile to persevere a little longer, but I still have 15 hours of audio to listen to and I just don't know if I can focus on it while my attention is so divided with school and work. I wonder if I should shelve it until semester break and stick to easier reads until then? Or should I stick with it, allow my mind to wander when it will, and enjoy the small absurdities that catch my attention?