SheriC

Portable Magic

I am No One You Know
Joyce Carol Oates
The Arm: Inside the Billion-Dollar Mystery of the Most Valuable Commodity in Sports
Jeff Passan
Progress: 153/368 pages

Pseudopod

I'm currently in an in-between stage with my reading. Since it's early in the spring semester, I'm busy with readings and homework for two classes and with catching up at work from the annual end-of-year holiday indolence. So I have very limited time alotted for pleasure reading. I generally fill that with audiobooks, since I can satisfy my fiction addiction while commuting, cleaning house, etc. But I'm struggling with Catch-22. I didn't realize it would be so difficult, and I like more mindless entertainment when I'm stressed and busy.

Which brings me to Pseudopod, which is a weekly podcast providing mostly contemporary horror short stories in audio format. Quick, entertaining, and generally well written and competently performed. I started catching up on old episodes yesterday and am enjoying it thoroughly.