SheriC

J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Inglis
Progress: 13 %

The 9th Girl ★★★☆☆

The 9th Girl (Kovac and Liska #4) - Tami Hoag, David Colacci

A quick, easy, undemanding read, perfect for the audiobook format, and fairly typical but still good for the genre and this author’s usual work. I hadn’t read any of the earlier books in this series but was able to easily pick up with the recurring characters without having to endure a huge info dump in the first chapter - the backstories were introduced gradually and with some skill. The characters were fairly interesting, with a strong female MC, the plot and action were fast paced, and I didn’t guess whodunit until close to the end. There were a few tiresome stereotypes – the angry feminist, the irresponsible ex-husband/father, the douchebag political police chief, etc. But overall, not bad.

Audiobook, borrowed from my public library, competently read by David Colacci. Audio is a good format for this book, if you’re looking for something to entertain your mind and imagination while multitasking with chores, etc.